Sunday, September 23, 2018

Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge: Bling It On

This week's Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge theme is "Bling It On." For this challenge I decided to take a different route than my typical 12x12 layouts.  I picked up a 5x7 canvas at the Dollar Tree and felt the Simple Stories Vintage Halloween collection would be perfect to make a cute Halloween display for my desk.






If there's one thing I love as much as papercrafts, it is Dollar Tree crafts. I always find awesome pieces to add to my projects. I started with a blank canvas and added a 4.5x6.5 in piece of Vintage Halloween paper for the background. For laying I roughed up the edges of two 3x4 pocket cards and a card from the Tim Holtz Collector Layers pack and glued them down.




Next I inked the edges of this banner sticker from the Vintage Halloween 12x12 sticker sheet. I used Tim Holtz Distress Ink in Black Soot and used a powder tool to make the back not sticky. I then used foam dots to adhere the banner to my canvas. I also added two more pieces from the Collector Layers pack to the bottom.





After adding to the bottom, I decided I didn't like the banner centered and moved it to left corner.  On the bottom right I added a little girl from the Vintage Halloween Chipboard pack and the number 31 from the Tim Holtz Halloween Typography set. This added balance to the canvas.  




Lastly, to bling it up, I added orange sequins and clear enamel dots to each of the focal points. The sequins are also from the Dollar Tree and the dots are from HAI. I used Beacon 3 in 1 to adhere them. I also added a glittery bat from the Halloween Thickers pack.  I inked the edges because they were white and popped it up beside the banner with a foam dot.  My last step was to coat the edges of the canvas in Black Soot Distress Ink. 

Here is the final product and details.  Leave me a comment and let me now what you think!






Thank you for stopping by!  I hope you enjoyed this tutorial to turn a Dollar Tree canvas into an amazing seasonal piece of art!

💜 Leigh Ann

2 comments:

Hello Love

Hi my crafty friends!!  Today I am showing off this 6x6 mixed media canvas I made using one of our wedding photos. I used chipboard pieces f...