Tuesday, September 18, 2018

Welcome to My Blog | Stash Busting

Hi Everyone!  Welcome to my blog where I will share my latest creations as well as some tutorials and tips.  For those who do not know me, my name is Leigh Ann and I live in Southern Indiana with my husband, our two young children, two dogs, and a cat.  Most days are a cross between the circus and something you might find on reality TV.  I have been crafting for as long as I can remember and started scrapbooking in high school.  While planning our wedding in 2009 my love for scrapbooking and paper crafts was reignited when I saw how far the products had come over the years. I have been an avid paper crafter ever since. 

In honor of throwing it back to the (re)beginning of my hobby, today's post will be a layout I created using products that have been in my stash for over five years.  I chose to use this paper from the My Mind's Eye Madison Avenue collection to document the birth of our second baby.  This collection was introduced in 2009, but does not feel outdated when combined with modern embellishments.




This particular paper has tons of detail already on it so I decided to use black and white photos with basic mats and minimal embellishments to allow the paper to shine. 





I added one small cluster of embellishments to draw the eye to the photos.  I love mixing old and new and that is exactly what I did here.  The ribbon and crepe paper trim have been in my stash for several years, along with the pearl brads and crystal charm.  I sprayed the trim with Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist in Dazzling Diamonds to give it a nice shimmer.  I added a few Prima flowers and American Crafts twine that were more recent purchases.  This was just enough to make the photos stand out without making the page too busy or cluttered.




Thank you for stopping by! I hope you have gained some ideas for how to use your stash in conjunction with newer products. Leave me a comment and tell me how you use the the supplies that you have had in your stash for years. 

Happy Scrapping!

💜Leigh Ann

2 comments:

Hello Love

Hi my crafty friends!!  Today I am showing off this 6x6 mixed media canvas I made using one of our wedding photos. I used chipboard pieces f...